Good afternoon folks! Hope you are well and enjoying this wonderful autumnal time of year. Today I thought I’d discuss and give you tips for mindfulness, as I’ve noticed it’s becoming quite an intriguing part of our lives on social media, as well as in the magazines. I hear people talking about trying to balance the stresses of work a lot lately! Mindfulness has been, and continues to be, quite a big part of my life. So it’s wonderful to see people picking up on it. It’s just so flippin great!
If you’re interested in learning more about mindfulness, you can get weekly updates by signing up your email address to Mindful.org
Here’s some practical tips from Here To Help that are extreeemmelly useful when giving mindfulness a go.
- Take a couple of minutes to notice your breathing. Sense the flow of the breath, the rise and fall of your belly
- Notice what you are doing as you are doing it and tune into your senses. When you are eating, notice the colour, texture and taste of the food.
- When you are walking, tune into how your weight shifts and the sensations in the bottom of your feet. Focus less on where you are headed.
- Don’t feel that you need to fill up all your time with doing. Take some time to simply be.
- When your mind wanders to thinking, gently bring it back to your breath.
- Recognize that thoughts are simply thoughts; you don’t need to believe them or react to them.
- Practise listening without making judgments.
- Notice where you tend to zone out (e.g., driving, emailing or texting, web surfing, feeding the dog, doing dishes, brushing teeth, etc.). Practise bringing more awareness to that activity.
- Spend time in nature.
- Notice how the mind likes to constantly judge. Don’t take it seriously. It’s not who you are.
As always- sending all good vibes to you, and keep real!
Hello my lovelies! I hope you are well? I thought I’d share with you some of my August Essentials for day to day life and some upcoming lifestyle & mental health tips ❤ I have done mental wellness book reviews (see the post ‘Read Happy’ here!) but I wanted to add on to what keeps me going- so it can keep you moving forward too!
A great magazine (as well as a website) is Psychologies. It’s a monthly issue and is perfect for a little read about home and lifestyle focusing on your well-being. Also, it has fun mini quizzes you can do; such as ‘Are you ready to change?’ and ‘Are you assertive?’. Taylor Swift is actually on the front cover of the latest issue, which I will definitely be purchasing! A neat thing about the magazine, is that it fits perfectly in your bag. I personally subscribe to Elle and for the life of me cannot carry that chunky fashion mag anywhere! But Psychologies is handy, and has useful tips and stories in motivation and mental health. So my first August essential is to keep up to date with mental health as a whole and my own well-being!
Also, it’s a brand new month- so why not change your room around a little bit? You don’t have to go full on feng shui, but de-cluttering some of your room may bring some wonderful benefits. A clean space for a clean mind, right? Maybe you could add a plant to the area and bring some life and light into your space! For me, my room has changed around a lot recently, but clearing a space to work always leaves me feeling a sense of calm. So why not give it a go!
The amount of times where I’ve needed to write things down throughout my day, is becoming quite a recurrent event. So for August, I have a new mini A6 moleskine notebook from Paperchase that is perfect for on the go. I write everything down in it, from dates to remember to work schedules and Keep Real ideas. It’s important to feel up to date with what I’m doing, even if it’s just to write down a thought or two. If you ever get the feeling of being in a bit of a muddle… write it down. I cannot stress this enough as one of my essentials. If I didn’t write down my thoughts or upcoming events, I’d feel all mushy and out of sync. So go get yourself a little notebook or pad to write all your cool ideas and thoughts down! You’ll be surprised at how organised you feel.
Anyway, I hope these little essentials will give you some ideas for August! Happy Reading everyone ❤